Neuro Foundation Nepal ,a NGO and sister organisation of Annapurna Neurological Institute & Allied Sciences (estd.2009) has been involving in various public health activities in collaboration with National and International organisations. During initial phase, Rehabilitation works during the time of earthquake, with yearly rural health camp in various part of Nepal, the public health wing of the Institute is now competent to conduct various public health activities inside and outside the premises of Insitute. Ampippal Hospital, Gorkha has also been endorsed as community out reach center of the Institute where periodic health camps, health awarness sessions as well as student and staff exchange program is being conducted.
The Activities and programs under Public Health Wing of Annapunra Neurological Institute & Allied Sciences are :
1. Periodic specialized health/ screening camp in various part of Nepal.
2. Collaboration with Japan International Corporation Agency (JICA) for long term project entitled " Grass root epilepsy project" in association with Annapurna Neurological Institute,Nepal and Hiroshima University,Japan. This project tends to screen the epilepsy in the epilepsy prevalent areas of rural and urban Nepal with proper diagnosis and treatment focusing on reducing the prevalance of the disease. This project also focus on the technology transfer to the healthcare professional regarding epilepsy treatment and management as well as community awareness. The long term target of this project is to develop the national epilepsy registry so that the people living with epilespy can be tracked and properly diagnosed and treated with supervision so as to make them free of sisease and disability.
3. Sino-Nepal Heart to Heart children cooperation project : This project is being conducted in collaboration with Fuwai-Cardiovascular Hospital,Kunming, China. This project aims to screen the congenital cardiac defect of the school children all over Nepal. The first phase of the project is targeted in Gandaki province where one activities with screening of 4000+ childrens have been completed. Out of them, few children with congentital defect have been treated/operated and the remaining project activities will be conducted in near future.
4. National and International workshop/conference, CMEs on public health issues.
5. Activities for children living with cerebral palsy and other developmental disorder : Institute have been doing periodic camp for the childrens living with cerebral palsy and other neuromuscular and developmental disorder aiming for proper medical and surgical management. Institute have also started child development clinic focusing on developmental disorder including cerebralpalsy, down syndrom, ADHD, autism, intellectual disability etc.
6. Allience for Medical Assistant (AMA) Fund : The public health wing of Institute have created AMA fund for providing financial support to the patient who couldnot afford their surgical treatment. This program have targeted 100 of free and subsidy surgeries in a year. The fund contributed in AMA fund is provided by various national and international personals as well as the patients and the stakeholders of Institute.
7. Corporate Social Responsibilities including boold donation camp in collaboration with Nepal Red Cross Society, Warm cloth donation during winter, food and monetary support to the victims of disaster , talk show on various public health aspects